Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Greater: Dream Bigger, Start Smaller, Ignite God's Vision for Your Life By Steven Furtick

This book was received from Multnomah Books to review. Stylistically it is very similar to Craig Groschel’s works. Very sarcastic at times and sometimes taking the reader on a brief tangent. I even wondered if it was a generational thing that bothered me but I’m about the same age as the author. But overall, I enjoyed this book which examines the life of Elisha and his calling and ministry.

It is a Christian living book that will challenge new believers especially. I was excited to read a work on the life of Elisha who is one of my favorite men of faith of the OT. For the long-time believer, this work will challenges you not to settle and remembered your first calling.
I was deeply moved by the statement, “Pursuing God’s purpose can be exhilarating. It can also be terrifying. If you want to live surrounded by God’s miracles, you have to come to terms with the fact that you’ll always be surrounded by enemies. You’ll often be amazed at what God can do through you (167).” I encourage everyone to read this but especially those who are embarking on this journey of faith in Jesus Christ. He has called each of us to live GREATER lives than we realized. It is time we receive it with open arms and hearts. Also, A bonus I found with GREATER was the discussion guide in the back of the book. I always find it helpful to facilitate discussion in a small group setting with some suggested questions to start off with.

No comments:

Post a Comment